Oswego County's Sportsman Education Classes

Registration for Hunter Education, Bowhunter Education, Combination Bow and Gun, Trapper and Waterfowl Id are now done online.

Select below for the course you would like to sign up for



Hunter Education - Required for first-time hunters using firearm or archery equipment to pursue big game, small game, turkey, waterfowl and migratory game birds.

compound bow

Bowhunter Education - Required in addition to the Hunter Education course (above) when using a bow and arrow to pursue deer and bear only. If bowhunting for other wild game, this course is not required but recommended.

firearm and compound bow

Combination Hunter and Bowhunter Education - Students can receive both their basic hunter and bowhunter education certificates when taking this combination course.


Trapper Education - Required for first-time trappers pursuing furbearers or small game.

ducks in flight

Waterfowl ID Education - Required to gain access to select State Parks and National Wildlife Refuges open to waterfowl hunting.


All new hunters/bowhunters/trappers must receive training before getting their first license.
Students must attend all sessions, demonstrate proper attitude and safety, and pass the test.
All Courses Are FREE !

Other States and Canada Hunter Safety Requirements

Difficulty encountered with an email registration call 1-800-388-8244 ext. 241